Monday, January 30, 2012

New Creations

Hi Blogging Friends!

I hope your new year is going good so far! Mine has been going pretty good...no snow, fairly mild temperatures, and healthy...so I guess I don't have anything to complain about. I'm really happy that February is nearly here! It means we're just a little bit closer to Spring. I can't wait to be able to go outside and plant flowers and see my pretty Texas Bluebonnets bloom! Well, it will be here before we know it.

I have been busy with my new passion (just one of many), making jewelry. I have always had an interest in trying my hand at jewelry making but just never got around to it. So, I decided the new year was a perfect time to try it.


So far I've only made earrings, but I have some ideas for some really cute, kinda funky necklaces. I am planning on going to Canton First Monday Trades Day this week to get some vintage supplies for making the necklaces. I should have some made in a week or two. I will be listing my earrings later today on my website in the Handcrafted Jewelry section.

I also wanted to let y'all know that this Friday, Feb. 3rd, will be the first Pink Friday of the year over at Make Mine Pink. The theme will be "Winter Romance". I'm so excited for Pink Friday to start back up! I hope to see y'all there!

Until next time...
Shannon

8 comments:

Lisa McDonald said...

Shannon

I absolutely love the new jewelry pieces.

Best of luck in your new venture.

Have a wonderful week!

gail said...

Hi Shannon,, ooooh I love your earrings... Just be warned!!! Jewelry making is very addictive LOL. Its so fun. Enjoy your new endeavor. Enjoy your nice weather and have a great time at Canton!

(()) Gail

Mary Patterson said...

Oh, Shannon - I love the results of your newly discovered hobby ... such pretty earrings! Gail is SO correct about it being addictive, too. After making jewelry for 12+ years, I have decided to stop, so I am trying to get rid of my supplies. Let me know what you are looking for and I just might have it - seriously!
Hugs, Mary Patterson

Carolee Crafts said...

The earrings are beautiful, love the pearl ones so elegant. Have a good week

Susie said...

Hi Shannon! How exciting to try a new project. Your jewelry is so pretty. Have fun with it.
Susie

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Your earrings look adorable and I'm with you...it's one step closer to SPRING! ~Stacy~

myob courses sydney said...

Wear different type of jewellery is one of my hobby. I like your images of earnings. Its very nice and wonderful.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shannon, Love that you are designing jewelry and these earrings are gorgeous. I was so excited to see you and thank you for stopping by and entering my giveaway.
Good luck sweetie.
Hugs,
Celestina Marie
p.s. going to visit your shop.